Thursday, February 2, 2017

Best Farmhouse Decor Purchases---EVER

I have to admit that I have joined the farmhouse decor group (if there is such a group). I took a look around the house and saw that there are a few purchases that meet that style for me.


White slipcovers: These are easily found in many homes today. Ikea Ektorp sofa and loveseat met the need at a very affordable price. They are a part of an active family or a family with pets because of their ability to be laundered.


Mirrors with a look of old and antiqued look was possibly the first addition to my living room. Hobby Lobby had these on clearance a couple of years ago for about $40. The mirror isn't the best and can add pounds with a glance. But the over-all look is right on target.


My favorite two tier stand is from World Market. The round plate stand has the touch of metal and wood. It is easy to change the look of the kitchen by adding holiday decor.


Our family get-together meals are usually buffet style. The wood and metal stand is perfect for those. It is beautiful when displaying a cake or salad. I hope to find a glass cover to fit it.


The two shelf piece was another Hobby Lobby find. By purchasing on the 50% off week it was easily under $20. I have this in the guest bath. The best part was how easy it was to adhere to the wall since the screws went through the round ends.


Any old piece of furniture can be updated with a coat of paint. I added a backing to the open shelves with luanne. By using chalk paint I mixed with the color of the kitchen cabinets (SW Westhighland White) so the entire kitchen would blend. I may add beadboard wallpaper to the back since I've had a roll in the garage for several years.


Countertop spaces are always at a premium. I like using this shelf so I can double the useable area. I know...it is wood and metal. There isn't a difficulty in finding those. Hobby Lobby was another 50% off visit.




Craigslist is always a good place to find used furniture. A few years ago I was always searching for Broyhill Fontana pieces. Since the popularity grew after viewers saw it on Everybody Loves Raymond, the furniture was available. But, it involved several trips to various cities and states. My husband was a dear to take me wherever! I transformed the pine to a two tone farmhouse look for pennies since I mixed my own chalk paint.

After taking a walk through my house, I see I have a problem. Maybe too much wood and metal leveled pieces. This too, shall pass. But for now, it means home to me. HomeFrontThoughts for sure.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016