Thursday, March 30, 2017

Spring to the Dining Room

When I think of Spring I see warm and bright pastel colors. I think of birds singing and flowers blooming.



The easiest way to incorporate those things into the dining room is with fabric. The table runner fulfills my vision perfectly. Aqua, yellow, and touches of gray mingled in the tree branches and birds scream spring time!


It only takes a bit of other decor to add a touch of elegance into our lived in and used every day dining room. I am so glad that we don't have a formal dining room that is used only a couple of times a year. Our living area is open space so we we use this at every meal. Years ago the separate kitchen wall was removed. I have memories of the kids gathered around this dining room. Memories are things that become more precious when the kids leave home!


I happened to find napkins at Pier 1 that matched perfectly. My dishes are Mikasa French Countryside. Again we use these dishes every day. No fine china for our family.


The dining table leaf was only placed when the entire family was around. But I decided to put it in a few weeks ago. Without the six chairs on the sides it gave the entire family room a feeling of area. For some reason it "feels" less crowded. That is free real estate.


Of course greenery is always a sign of life. The scales allow me to add seasonal decor. These plant holders say Grow and came from Target's dollar spot last year.
The little bird nest was a recent find at Pier 1 and also has the spring colors of aqua, yellow, and white.


It makes my heart sing to enjoy Spring's New Life!


Time for a meal cooked on the grill. Maybe a steak, baked potato, and fresh salad. Top it off with home-brewed tea.







Home Thoughts. Spring. Warmth. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016