Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Spring Brights

With spring comes the desire to lighten and brighten. I recently made a few minor and inexpensive changes to the master bedroom to bring the glorious sunshine in.



No, I didn't paint the walls a lighter color. No, I didn't rearrange the furniture.
Actually I went shopping! My favorite go-to store to pick up inexpensive curtains is Marshall's or TJMaxx. Since I was not concerned with keeping the room warm or closing out the cold temperatures I picked up white curtains. I think they were $16.99 a pair of panels. I did add two panels on each side of the windows so that was a total of four sets. Not bad in order to lighten the room immediately.



This is the winter look. The drapes I love! They are from World Market and are great fabric and are lined. Perfect for adding warmth to the bedroom. The dark gray background is highlighted with a beige, aqua, and rust colors of decor. It blended well with the beige quilt and gingham duvet picked up from Ikea. Just gazing at this picture I feel cozy.


Yes, a dramatic difference for the light streaming into the room. I did change the quilt to a white one. The aqua colors scream spring. Target supplied the throw pillows. I like the way the solid aqua is picked up in the throw quilt. Stein Mart always has a big selection of quilts in a wide array of colors. Since I wanted this to be used as a throw I decided to pick up a twin size one which also saved me $$$.




Target does have some great pillows if one searches in various sections of their home goods. The flowered ones were part of bedroom accessories. Once I walked past them I was pulled in!




I am satisfied with the bright room. Since it is on the back of the house it gets a short time of morning sun and a short time of afternoon sun. The room isn't large. So I hope to capture all the sunlight and use it to it's fullest.


I will enjoy this look for another few months before transitioning back to the darker decor.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016