Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Beginning the Decorating

I feel as if we just moved in and finished unpacking and organizing. Now it is time to decorate for Christmas!

After being in the former home for 39 years I was in a comfortable position of knowing how and what I would do. Now with the new home I am a newbie!

The open spaces do give a bit of freedom of not feeling closed in by too many items.




I began in the dining room and put up my "woodlands" skinny tree. Since it has a bit of autumn colors it seems only proper that this tree gets to be the leader.


The ribbons were from Hobby Lobby and most of the other decor have been in my stash from previous years of Walmart. Nothing can beat the burlap poinsettias!  A few pine cone picks and birds add to the woodland theme.



A country and East Tennessee Christmas seems to bring back memories of cutting an evergreen pine to be used as I was growing up. In the first years of our marriage we tried the purchase of live trees that could be planted in the yard after the holidays. The trees became a bright Tennessee orange--meaning that they promptly died.  

The Farm Fresh sign was this year's find at TJMaxx during our last Florida visit. A couple of Target dollar spot trees add to the buffet. 

Now on to the next tree that welcomed our first Christmas at 151.



After all, these skinny trees become a quick addition. Using red ornaments, plaid ribbons, and several memories from my teacher gifts has brightened up even the cloudiest of days!






What would Christmas be without a little cooking and baking? This nook area is definitely one that I enjoy. The World Market everett sofa table is a joy to display items from Rae Dunn, Possible Dreams Santa, and more things I have collected over the years.


A quick peek into the living area reveals I have more time to enjoy exploring new options in sharing my Christmas decor.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016