Sunday, October 14, 2018

We Arrived

Finally we could walk in the front door or our house! The shiny hardwood floors and Agreeable Gray walls shouted a warm welcome! To the left of the foyer is the dining room. It definitely is an open space home.



Straight ahead is the family room, kitchen, and breakfast nook.

The fireplace with built-ins flanking both sides were an upgrade from the original plans. Originally the fireplace was to be centered on the far right bookcase. Symmetry is part of my brain so I asked that the fireplace be shifted to the left in order to have small bookcases on both sides. This was a great change as the fireplace now is centered in the cozy family room space and a straight view from the kitchen island. (Can I say I can watch TV while washing dishes?)


I can already tell the second bathroom/powder room door will need to remain closed! Nothing like a potty view from the dining/living room! The back wall of the family room looks outdoors on the screened in porch. I love the amount of light that can stream into our home! The TV is to be mounted over the fireplace so the outlet and video stream cable will be hidden.


The dining room has an astounding view of the mountains. I may add wainscoting later. As for now, I am just excited to see the clean, finished house!


A study is on the front of the house and access is from the foyer. This was one of the selling points of the plan. I wanted a small room I could use as a library, my office, or "baby room" since we found out we will be having a grand baby born in December! The mountains can be seen in the distance above the homes in the neighborhood.


I am totally in love with the creamy white kitchen. A small eating area will probably be used much more than the dining room. Selecting all the lights for the house provided me with sleepless nights and much time surfing the internet. I selected a oil rubbed bronze in all the areas.



I had a special order french doors that would open out instead of in gave extra dining space to the breakfast nook.

The screened in porch provides a view of country living with the mountain view in the distant view.


The master bedroom (complete with internet and cable already installed--husband's needs can I say?) is a welcome retreat. The builder added additional square feet and he was right on in that decision! It is spacious and the tray ceiling gives added dimension.




Our master bath is definitely easy to appreciate. A separate toilet room provides privacy.

The other side of the house contains two bedrooms and a bath. One bedroom will become the guest room and the other will be Mr. Spouse's office.








I am ready to get this house filled with our belongings!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016