Sunday, December 11, 2016

Before and After Family Room

It is time to begin a Home Tour 2016. I thought I would give a little glimpse of how the living room has evolved over the past few years.




The walls were painted with SW Mindful Gray, the drapes were from JCPenney several years ago. I had made the pillows myself. Everything was shades of brown/gray/black--especially the area rug.

 The TV has been hung over the fireplace for a while and does offer great napping on the couch while watching.


The sofa table, end tables, and coffee tables were transformed from honey pine with General Finishes Java gel stain. Originally I purchased them from Ashley furniture.

It is interesting how the Mindful Gray changes in the different light from a definite gray to a more griedge.

And now to the after:

I wanted to lighten and brighten the room so the addition of several mirrors with ivory trims was a step in that direction.

Symmetry is always good but the dark bookcases flanking the fireplace became a black hole. Replacing them with two Target bookcases added a light addition for a little money.


Painting a lighter color is definitely an easy and inexpensive change. I had SW Agreeable Gray mixed at Home Depot in the Behr line. I love this paint and the color.



The paint on the left is Agreeable Gray and the right side is Mindful Gray. You can definitely see the undertones of red in Mindful.



New tables in the area administered the last update. The set came from Furniture Row and is the Plato line. I am not used to the additional storage in all the pieces. I think I will purchase some baskets from TJMaxx to house items that will look messy if just placed inside.

I am ready for Spring now. I have my eye on a white slipcovered sofa the next time I replace the sofa. But for now, I am satisfied!







post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016