Saturday, December 17, 2016

Christmas Kitchen and Dining Room

Christmas will be here before I snap pictures of 2016 Christmas at Home Front Thoughts.  The days are cloudy so I have decided to give the camera a try. It has been a year since we updated our kitchen with hardwood flooring and white painted cabinets. I can absolutely say that I haven't regretted that decision for a second.

The pop of color really seems to stand out against a white background (as well as fingerprints and smudges).

The kitchen and dining room are all part of an open space concept. We have removed a wall between the spaces to open it up.




The kitchen cabinets were originally oak and were painted a Sherwin Williams color--WestHighland. It is a creamy white. On the cabinets and island it appears much more white than the buffet.




I painted the buffet with the same color paint but used chalk additives. That may explain the more creamy appearance than traditional white.


The dishes on the shelves were my mom's. She loved decorating also and would have many plates in her kitchen and dining room. These are some of those that I will treasure forever!

The JOY candlesticks came from a department store about twenty years ago. She had a set and gave me this set. I have used them ever since. The plates are some from her visits to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.

May Peace be more than a season. I can imagine that of all years our nation needs a little bit of this! These were from Cracker Barrel a few years ago.

My recent addiction to Rae Dunn dinnerware is overtaking my space. I admit, I have a problem! The hunt for the next piece is keeping me busy and entertained!





The dining area is somewhat of a mismatch to me this year. The tree is decorated in a winter theme--complete with top hat, white and blue ornaments, and snowflake ribbon. I couldn't find a table runner that suited the decor so I placed some silk flowers in a white vase to transition the many Christmas colors. I always say I am going to leave this tree up through January but I also seek a fresh start with the new year. That means I am usually stripping decor and simplifying.




Merry Christmas at Home Front Thoughts 2016!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016