Sunday, December 11, 2016

Chalk Paint for the Change

I am new at the chalk paint trend. But I am finding it is wonderful! Lose the prime, paint, paint, protect, etc.

I wanted some decor items beside the china hutch in the dining room. Definitely not the candle sconces I have used in the past. So...a trip to Hobby Lobby in search for the perfect pair. I walked. I searched. I meandered. Nothing seemed right. It was the wrong color or the wrong size (or maybe the wrong price for my "slight change".

I finally found what I thought would work but the aged green did NOT suit me. I was looking for dark.




The center was just about perfect. I laid our my tarp and picked up the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Graphite that I had used for my kitchen project.




I did use two coats to cover the places I missed on the first coat. (I am an impatient painter).

The before of the dining area:


And the after:




The shadows it creates on the wall behind makes it look distorted!

Mr. Spouse just noticed them last night. HUMMM--they have been up for a couple of months. I guess that means that they don't look absolutely terrible!


post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016